Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Player of the Week - 15u Boys Team RED


Dawn Johnson wrote:
Player-of-the -Week

His three pointers are deadly and his drives and assists to his teammates are unstoppable.


Position: Shooting Guard

Mr. Pierre Dionte Mason

Nickname: "Prime Time"

Born: January 17, 1995

Age: 15 years old

Parents: Dionne and Vincent Sr

Sibling: Vincent, Jr

Native: Chicago, IL

Church: Greater Piney Grove Baptist Church

High School: Shiloh High School

G.P.A: 3.3

College: University of Syracuse

Major: Sport Marketing (Business)

Hobbies: Basketball, x-box, chill'n with friends, club'n (dancing) and hang out with my mom.

Favorite Subject: Social Studies because it's interesting and it's fun to learn something new about the world every day.

Favorite Teacher: Mrs. Lynch because she's understanding and cool like that.

Favorite Sport: Basketball

Favorite Player: Rajon Rondo because he took his skills to another level. He's a leader on his team and has tremendous athletic abilities. Also, I see myself in him that I want to play just like him one day.

Favorite Food: Mac n Cheese

Favorite T.V. Show: BET/Sports Center

Favorite Movies: Coach Carter

Favorite Book: "Bud not Buddy"

Favorite Song: 'Lemonade" by Gucci

Who inspires you? My mom because she achieved everything that I dream to become. She pushes me to do my best even when it gets hard and it gets on my nerves, but I know it will help me achieve my goals and my dreams to come true. Plus, she saves me from a lot of things and guides me on the right path. She's teaching me to believe in myself and not to be selfish and be willing to give.

Past Afro-American that influenced you? Jackie Robinson because he broke the color barrier in sports. He was brave and had courage and heart to fight thru being the only black in professional sports.

Today's Afro-American that influenced you? President Barack Obama because he became the first black president and committed to change and help all people.

Goal in Life: To earn a scholarship to attend a good college and make it to the NBA

Individual goal: Improve defensive, ball handling and attitude.

Goal for Team: to be National Champions

My family quote: "What you put in. is what you get out, so you can do anything you set your mind to"

My quote: "Never give up on your dreams and have faith in god who strengthen you to achieve them."

Mr. Pierre is a talented young man with goals and aspirations. He wears his heart on his sleeve and plays big for a small player. He's a tough little cookie.

Pierre "Primetime" Mason

No comments:

The Mighty Atlanta Select HEAT - Champions

Congratulations The Mighty Atlanta Select HEAT are Champions. The team won the championship in the All Georgia Summer Showcase Va...