Monday, May 18, 2015

My Name is Kevin A. Bruce, Jr. I am an Atlanta Select. I am an Entrepreneur.

My name is Kevin A. Bruce, Jr. and I am an Honor Roll student, an athlete, and a 10-year old entrepreneur.  I am the Founder and Creator of KB BALL, an all-sports and educational t-shirt line.  KB BALL - Knowledge.Believe.Achieve.Lifelong.Lessons.  As a student athlete, I believe that school work comes first.  Sports doesn't mean a thing if you are not making good grades.  I pride myself on being the best I can be...in school and in sports.  I have been recognized by the AAU organization for being one of the “Top Basketball players of AAU 2014”. 

My inspiration for starting this t-shirt line was my love for sneakers.  My desire was to start a sneaker line first, but my mother, however, thought I needed to be focused on my education and wait until I was older.  I have always wanted my own business and I convinced her to let me start a t-shirt line for kids instead. She told me I needed a good concept, product, brand and money.


In creating the concept for my t-shirts, I knew that I wanted my initials to be a part of my logo and  brand.  My mom told me it had to make sense and it also had to do with education.  Due to my love of all sports, I added BALL (Believe.Achieve.Lifelong.Lessons) to my initials. I want to teach kids that you can be anything you want to be if you have Knowledge and Believe in God and what you want to achieve in life. Education is a Lifelong Lesson, just like all sports. You will always know how to play the game, but you must keep learning lessons in order to get better. 


Starting this t-shirt line has not been easy.  I had to get help from my parents.  Both of my parents helped me develop the business and the brand.  My father helped me with my logo design.  I told him the idea I had for my first shirt and he helped draw it.  After a few changes, he was able to make me happy. After getting it copyrighted and trademarked, I am able to tell my story and start production.  I have several t-shirt designs available in a four (4) ball series, which includes Basketball, Baseball, Soccer, and Football.  Look out for more designs to come!


No comments:

The Mighty Atlanta Select HEAT - Champions

Congratulations The Mighty Atlanta Select HEAT are Champions. The team won the championship in the All Georgia Summer Showcase Va...