Saturday, July 24, 2010

Atlanta Select - Player of the Week


Atlanta Select 15U Red

Position: Small Forward
Mr. Cordell Rhymer, III
Nickname: "C-Deezy"
Born: October 27, 1994
Age: 15 years old
Parents: Karen Samuel and Cordell Rhymer, Jr
Siblings:
1 Brother - Darrian
(3)1/2 brothers- Kyle, Tyshawn & Lelan
(2) sisters Shane and Jade

Native: St. Thomas but raised in Lithonia
Middle School: Shiloh High School
G.P.A: 3.7
College: University of Syracuse
Major: Business Management

Hobbies: Basketball, video games and hanging out with my friends
Favorite Subject: Language Arts because the subject is fun and easy to learn. Also, I have a strong comprehension level.
Favorite Teacher: Ms. Mauere because she makes learning interesting and fun.

Favorite Sport: Basketball
Favorite Player: Brandon Jennings because he's a lefty and I'm pattern my style of play after him

Favorite Food: Fried Chicken
Favorite T.V. Show: Everybody hates Chris
Favorite Movie: Biker Boys
Favorite Book: Blood is Thicker
Favorite Artist: WicKhalisa
Favorite Song: "Paper Man" by Fabulous

Who inspires you? My grandma because she works very hard to help me stay focus on becoming successful by being grateful and humble. SPECIAL shout out to my mom as well. I appreciate all that you has done for me. She's very supportive of me playing basketball and does whatever she can so I can play. She gives me advice on life and shares her life lessons so I would not make the same mistakes and she works very hard to take care of us by herself. She's an independent woman taking care of our needs and love.

Afro-American that influenced you? Malcolm X influenced me because he was a leader and through criticism, he still continue to fight for what was right and believed in what he said: "by any mean necessary"

Anglo Saxon that influences you? John F. Kennedy because he was the youngest president and wanted to help stop civil rights and treat all black people fairly.

Today's Afro-American that influenced you? President Obama because he was the first black president and he's still being strong even though many people are trying to pull him down.

Today's Anglo Saxon that influences you? Joe Biden because he did not care about president Obama being black and decided to be his running mate and now is the Vice President

Goal on Life: Graduate College and join the NBA or be successful in my career choice

Individual goal: Increase my confidence in my jump shots and work on my right hand.

Goal for Team: Win Nationals in Orlando.
My family quote: "You have to work hard to accomplish your goals"

My quote: "Make good choices and do not get caught up with the wrong crowd and do your school work"

Mr. Cordell is a talented young man with goals and aspirations. He's a dominated force on both sides of the court. His drives are unstoppable. He developed big man post moves that are unstoppable. Once he gets hot, no one can stop him. He's our leading scorer. He is developing into a leader, not only on the court, but off the court as well.


Cordell "C-Deezy" Rhymer

No comments:

The Mighty Atlanta Select HEAT - Champions

Congratulations The Mighty Atlanta Select HEAT are Champions. The team won the championship in the All Georgia Summer Showcase Va...